Receptionist / Office Coordinator
Marvel EntertainmentGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Marvel Entertainment is looking for a Receptionist who is friendly, highly-motivated, and extremely detail-oriented. As the first person our clients, visitors and future employees encounter, the Receptionist is responsible for creating a lasting, positive, and professional impression.
As part of the IT & Technical Operations team at Marvel, the Receptionist will enjoy a variety of engagements across the media production and distribution lifecycle, and will have exposure to various parts of the business including production, post production, partnerships/promotions, marketing, business development, and more.
In addition, the ideal candidate is technologically savvy and a quick-learner. S/he must be able to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment while keeping track of priorities and status of each to completion.
• Answer and field all incoming phone calls on a multi-line console in a timely, courteous manner. Accurately route each call.
• Promptly greet visitors in a friendly and approachable manner; ensure they sign in properly and contact appropriate company personnel of their arrival.
• Ensure a clean and welcoming lobby area for all clients, visitors, and employees.
• Manage the kitchen, copy room, and reception area to ensure rooms are tidy and stocked with supplies.
• Provide additional administrative support such as mail distribution and visitor parking spot assignments.
• Generate facility management requests for maintenance and repairs in a complete and timely manner. Track through to completion and escalate potential delays.
• Effectively manage conference room calendar and book requests.
• Assist the digital ad team by coordinating with licensees to retrieve/distribute assets.
• Proactive in assisting larger organization with asset management, i.e., data entry, metadata tagging, archive, and more.
• Performance of other duties and/or special projects as needed. Provide support to the Marvel west-coast IT and Technical Operations team.
• Willingness to work occasional overtime.
• At least 2-3 years' experience as a receptionist or in a related customer service role.
• Must be able to life up to 15-20lbs.
• Demonstrated professionalism, is polished and poised.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including phone etiquette.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills; build and maintain strong customer relationships.
• Proven track record of managing multiple priorities; with strong organizational skills.
• Must possess effective listening skills and take direction well.
• Adaptable to changing priorities.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Proficient skill-set in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
• Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer)
• Self-starter on assigned projects
• Passionate about film, television and animation production and possess willingness to learn and grow with the company.